Friday, February 19, 2010

The purpose of this blog

This blog will be less personal. I may use everyday events as jump-off points for theory, but I really want to put my thoughts down on paper. Stuff learned in Alice Fulton's Poetry class, dreams, topics that really stick in my mind, opinions on events of our time, etc.

Dad once said that the side he most often takes is that of the skeptic.

My first thought is of things happening the way they should be, or 'if it is meant to be, then it will happen.' My main take on that is that there is no fate (fatalists look both ways before crossing the street), and the things that you get are obviously 'meant to be.' So how do you get the things you get? You want them to a point where you need them to happen. You can always find a way; you may need to ask a friend for a phone number, you may need to download something online or look something up on a forum, you may need to brainstorm, you may need to re-evaluate. For things that involve someone else other than yourself, you need patience and compromise. Unfortunately, patience is not one thing that I have. Compromise is a way of seeing things from multiple perspectives, and getting that done, that's all there is to it. Get what you need; get what you want-- they're the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment